This is our best GPS module, and significantly outperforms the Mediatek GPS due to the larger antenna and next-gen chipset. Recommended for multicopters and rover in particular, where GPS accuracy is paramount. The device itself is pretty straight-forward. It has active circuitry for the ceramic patch antenna, rechargeable backup battery for warm starts, and I2C EEPROM for configuration storage. The units will ship pre-configured for ArduPilot Mega use, and the configuration file is available in therepository.
Features and Specifications:
- ublox LEA-6H module
- 5 Hz update rate
- 25 x 25 x 4 mm ceramic patch antenna
- LNA and SAW filter
- Rechargeable 3V lithium backup battery
- Low noise 3.3V regulator
- I2C EEPROM for configuration storage
- Power and fix indicator LEDs
- ArduPilot Mega compatible 6-pin JST connector
- Exposed RX, TX, 5V and GND pad
- 38 x 38 x 8.5 mm total size, 16.8 grams.