This new design incorporates the HMC5883L digital compass, providing a convenient method of mounting the compass away from sources of interference that may be present in the confines of the vehicle. This is our best GPS module, significantly outperforming the Mediatek GPS due to the larger antenna and next-gen chipset. An excellent solution for multicopters and rovers in particular, where GPS accuracy is paramount. It features active circuitry for the ceramic patch antenna, rechargeable backup battery for warm starts, and I2C EEPROM for configuration storage. The units ship pre-configured for use with 3DR APM 2.6 autopilot; the configuration file is available in the repository.
Features and Specifications:
- ublox LEA-6H module
- 5 Hz update rate
- 25 x 25 x 4 mm ceramic patch antenna
- LNA and SAW filter
- Rechargeable 3V lithium backup battery
- Low noise 3.3V regulator
- I2C EEPROM for configuration storage
- Power and fix indicator LEDs
- Protective case
- ArduPilot Mega compatible 6-pin JST connector
- Exposed RX, TX, 5V and GND pad
- 38 x 38 x 8.5 mm total size, 16.8 grams.