BLACKBIRD ίs a model aircraft designed to carry FPV / UAV equipment, aiming at Remote Sensing and Low Altitute Aerial Photography/Mapping.
Designed as a high performance unmanned aircraft, BLACKBIRD ίs capable of up to 1 hour endurance with the 0,20 Kg payload. Modular composite structure, fast assembly, removable payload bay, are the key features of the BLACKBIRDS innovative design. Available as an airframe ready for the autopilot and payload integration.
CIVIL AND DEFENSE USE
Specially designed for large-scale monitoring projects.
Suitable for Military and Homeland Security purposes.
High Standard Construction Materials per Aircraft, Flight duration, Large scale monitoring, high endurance, great Performance Flight Envelop.
excl Battery & Payload
Maintain Flight Envelop
Tak Off Method
Performance Flight Envelope
1h 20m with Lipo
Aircraft Frame Materials
- Aero, TÜV-SÜD UV-Protective coating
- Spead Τow TeXtreme® Ηi strength ultra-light carbon fabric
- High impact, vibration, and fatigue strength Aramid honeycomb
- Aero, twill weave, Carbon fabric
- Aero, TÜV-SÜD UV-Protective
- Aero, plain weave, glass fabric
- Spead Tow TeXtreme® Ηi strength ultra-light carbon fabric
- Fine industrial grade closed cell foam
- Aero, twill weave Aramid fabric live hinges
AII components of BLACKBIRD are easily removable and completely interchangeable.
Wing splits in two 0.5 meter sections,
Assembly and fastening is tool free and all bolds and subsystems require a minimum of toolset during maintenance. Despite its fixed wingspan, the disassembled UAS features an ergonomic design in order to capture the less possible volume during transportation. ln the same concept, all components from Avionics to Payload can be individually removed for replacement, update or inspection. Carefully Chosen COTS parts, like cabling and connectors ensure ample availability in any circumstance.
The Airframe Features
- Textreme High modulus & Strength, Spread Tow Carbon Fiber with Aramid Honey-comp Fuselage. Coated with high impact / UV tolerant resins, with RF friendly material distribution
- Ballistic Kevlar/ CFK, on seams
- Polycarbonate and Carbon fiber canopy
- Dedicated Mapping Camera, Vibration isolated on CoG Box and Custom camera mount bases and gear hatches
- Vacuum bagged wings with super extended flight envelope
- High modulus & Strength cores, laminated with Spread TowTextreme Carbon fiber
- Live hinges from kevlar on all control surfaces
- Carbon fiber rod main wing leading edges and High strength D-Box, for hard landings or bushy terrains
- High strength and precision Linkage
- VECTM-Carbon fibre (Vinyl ester resin and carbon fibre) 13.6 mm Tube Wing spar-joiner, System
The Airframe power and servo setup
- 2 x 2307 Size 2200Kv 4S brushless outrunner Motors
- 45A Opto-isolated ESC
- 2x 23gr high precision Digital, Metal gear servo motors
- 3x 3A external BEC
- Li-Ion 4S 6000mAh 10c Battery
- Extreme shielded integrated wing servo cabling with compact connectors